Okay, so it was about half an hour past midnight and I was just checking my emails before going to sleep when I noticed an email from my ‘Blogger Contact Form’ (right hand side of this page). Thennnn, when I opened it, I saw that Morrighan Rose, who is a wonderful fellow book blogger like myself, nominated me for this award:
Umm, this is a hard question because I’m not sure that I actually have a favourite genre. All of my favourite books are from different genres! Oscar Wilde’s Dorian Gray, Lewis Caroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, the Harry Potter series, The Great Gatsby…
I can’t choose!
Well, there are so many amazing worlds out there that writers have created. Cassandra Clare’s Shadowhunter world, Lewis Carroll’s Wonderland and so many more. But I would definitely choose Harry Potter’s world. I’m a massive fan of Harry Potter and I love everything about the world that J.K. Rowling has created. I mean, I have my own wand, time turner, train tickets for the Hogwarts Express.. I’m practically living in this world already!
Blair Waldorf (from the Gossip Girl books). I think she’s fashionable, ambitious and driven by success; but at the same time she’s weak when it comes to love. I would say that she’s a lot like me in the sense that she’s a leader, not a follower and she has clear goals that she will do anything to achieve.
There are a number of traits that I admire in her, particularly her fashion sense. So I guess that in some ways I would like to be like her.
I don’t know if I could choose this one! I like Jace Wayland and Patch Cipriano and Draco Malfoy. But I guess that if I had to choose, I would go with Voldermort – I know haha.
I like Voldermort because I think that he has a really interesting back story, he’s powerful and he has lots of ambition. He never gives up on pursuing what he wants and if you scratch beneath the surface, you realise that he is a pretty troubled soul at heart. I actually feel pretty sorry for him, poor lad.
I really like crispy onion rings and I crave them almost every day.
I started my blog about two months ago. I had finally finished with my A-Level exams and that gave me the opportunity to put a lot more time and effort in to making this blog a success. I’ve wanted to start a blog for ages, but the time had never really been right until a couple of months ago. But since then, I’ve had a lot of opportunities; such as working with the fantastic Lydia Rodriguez-Clement for an interview and a giveaway! Now I’ve not only made a new author contact, but a friend too. And I hope to make many more!
– Battery operated hair straighteners
– A notepad
– A pen
I own over a 100 books for sure. I’ve been buying books since I was in primary school; reading was a compulsory evening activity at my house for me and my sister when we were younger (thank you mum!). A lot of my physical copies are in storage because there isn’t enough shelf space on any of my bookcases, but I have all my favourite titles out. In terms of E-Books, I own about 6 or 7 so not that many actually.
Well I definitely wouldn’t choose immortality. It must be horrible to live through this ceaseless existence. You would be tormented by the deaths of everybody you love around you and you would never get to see them ever again.
So I would personally go for super speed. It looks cool and it has practically all the same benefits as invisibility because you can move so fast that nobody notices you!
10 – What is your all time favourite book or series?
The Harry Potter series is my ultimate favourite, but because I’ve already stated that I’m a massive fan of them, I want to say something different. So the series that I always always always go on about, is the Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick; which is a fantastic series about Nephilim, Fallen Angels, betrayal, secrets and lies. It’s amazing.
Jojo Moyes – One Plus One 🙂
11 Quick Facts about Me
- 50% of me is from the Seychelles (small island in the Indian Ocean, look it up if you’re confused) and the remaining 50% of me is Guyanese
- I can play the piano, I sing and I’m learning to play the guitar
- I’m a fussy eater – no seafood, no beef, no lamb, I only eat select cuts of pork (loin chops and belly pork), no breakfast..
- I would love to go on a road trip to every state in the USA during my gap year at university
- I’m enthralled by Greek mythology
- My favourite band ever is The Fray, but I love Bastille, George Ezra, Tom Odell, Parachute, Ben Howard, Maroon 5, Coldplay and a ton of others
- I hope to become a commissioning editor after university but my dream is to get one of my novels published
- I would prefer a quiet evening in to a crazy night out clubbing/drinking any day
- I love shoes, handbags and jewellery more than I love clothes themselves
- I really enjoy my own company
- I would love to go skinny dipping