Take a moment to imagine an opportunity where you were able to creatively put together a crate of your own choice. This is completely without any rules and will push the boundaries of your imagination. It doesn’t even necessarily have to be practical! Well, this is exactly what Loot Crate is encouraging people to think about. Known for their geek and speciality crates, Loot Crate has put together a fun project where fans can design their very own Dream Crate.
Now if you’ve been reading my blog for a while, then it won’t come as a surprise to you that I am absolutely obsessed with Harry Potter. So when I got asked to put together a post about what would be in my dream loot crate, I didn’t even have to think twice. It would be Harry Potter themed all the way.
So I won’t keep you waiting any longer! Everything I would put inside is detailed below…
As Harry Potter is such a huge theme, I would have to narrow it down to my favourite book in the series – The Deathly Hallows. I would love to create a box that allows you to unravel all of the explored mysteries in the final book. So that piece by piece, you could line up all the objects and the story could tell itself!
The box itself would have to have some kind of red velvet lining. Something very luxurious both to touch and look at. If it could arrive looking like Harry’s trunk too, with a special key to open it then that would also be fab.
- I would first like to open a letter from The Daily Prophet, on a piece of parchment, offering me the opportunity to become their Editor in Chief. Thank you! I’d also like a copy of the paper, with articles about Voldermort’s pursuit of Harry and Dumbledore’s tell all obituary.
- A ticket for a weeks stay at Hogwarts – all inclusive
- An elaborately designed ornamental set of keys – one to to Malfoy Manor and one to Harry Potter’s parent’s house in Godric’s Hollow
- Miniature collectible bottles of the ingredients needed to make the Polyjuice potion, with a small piece of parchment detailing the recipe
- A ticket to tour the Ministry of Magic
- A snow globe of Hosgmeade in it’s beauty – by this time in the Harry Potter books, Hogsmeade is ruined. So in loving memory, this one only seems fitting
- A personalised copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard, with a dedication to me
- The red dress that Hermione wears to Bill and Fleur’s wedding
- In which case I’ll also take Fleur’s actual wedding dress because it’s gorgeous!
- A charm bracelet with eleven important charms – the Elder Wand, the resurrection stone, Rowena Ravenclaw’s diadem, Tom Riddle’s diary, Marvolo Gaunt’s ring, Helga Hufflepuff’s goblet, Salazar Slytherin’s locket, Nagini, a lightning bolt, the sword of Gryffindor and a Basilisk fang
- A framed sock in loving memory of Dobby
P.S – I know I’ve been terrible at reviewing books lately, but I’ve been busy writing one myself (post coming soon!) and reading books to get my final university essay EVER finished. So in a couple of weeks I’ll be done with university and finally be able to read for pleasure again. Thank you for being so patient!