Next in my little recipe series is this baked eggs in portobello mushrooms breakfast. It’s really quick and requires next to no effort to make. Perfect for mornings where you’re short on time!
2 x medium sized eggs
2 x portobello mushrooms
Kale or spinach – whichever you prefer and as much as you like!
1. Peel the mushrooms. Make sure that your mushrooms are clean and dry and gently twist off the stem.
2. Use a teaspoon to carefully scrape out the gills of the mushroom. You don’t have to do this but I usually do.
3. Season the mushroom as you please. I usually use salt, pepper and about half a teaspoon of garlic powder.
4. Wash your greens and add as much spinach, kale or whichever leafy greens you have chosen to each mushroom. Not too much, just enough to line and fill the mushrooms!
5. Being careful to avoid breaking the yolk, crack an egg into each mushroom. This is the tricky part! It doesn’t matter too much if your yolk breaks, it just won’t look as pretty.
6. Bake on about 190 degrees for 15 minutes. After this, double check that your egg whites are cooked all the way through – this is important. If they need an extra 2-3 minutes to cook fully then that’s fine too!
7. Serve on their own or with whatever else you like to make a substantial breakfast. Enjoy!